Idiyappam is an all time favorite breakfast. The softness it has is unbeatable. This is our South Indian Maggi. The best food to give it to your kids.
- Pacharisi flour(பச்சரிசி மாவு) – 2 cup. (fine and well roasted)
- Water 3/4 cup
- Little coconut oil
- Take a thick bottomed vessel and add water into it.
- Add salt and allow it to boil.
- Now add the rice flour(Pacharisi flour) slowly and mix rapidly. Don’t worry even if lumps are formed.
- The mixture gets thickened like a dough.
- Allow it cool for 10 minutes.
- Now knead the cooled dough adding little coconut oil into soft dough.
- Take the Idiyappam maker and fill it with dough.
- In the Idiyappam steamer,spread a thin layer of oil and spread grated coconut.
- Now squeeze the Idiyappam in a circular form.
- Allow it to steam either in idly cooker or steamer for 10 minutes.
- Idiyappam or nool puttu is ready to enjoy.
If you people find it difficult to follow the above method, there is an other simple way you can prepare the Idiyappam. This is the reverse process of the above.
- Take the well roasted rice flour. If you want you can also roast it that time for more softness.
- Add little salt.
- Boil water to Luke warm.
- Now add the warm water little by little kneading the dough continuously.
- Add little coconut oil and knead till smooth.
- Spread Grated coconut in the plate.
- Then add the dough into Idiyappam maker and squeeze in circular motion and allow to cook in steamer or idli cooker for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!!!