|Pacharisi (White raw wice)||2 cups|
|Grated Coconut||½ cup|
|Boiled rice(pazhaya sadham)||handful|
- Soak the pacharisi for 3 to 4 hours.
- Then take the soaked rice in a mixer or grinder and grind to a smooth paste by adding little water.
- Once the batter is almost ready ,add salt, sugar,grated coconut and the boiled rice and grind again to thin batter.
- Let it ferment for 10 to 14 hours.
- After fermentation, the batter will almost become frothy.
How to make appam?
- Take the appam pan. You can also get this from amazon.
- Once the pan becomes little hot, take a laddle full of appam batter and pour into the appachatty.
- Rotate the pan so that the batter spreads throughout the chatty.
- Lose the lid.
- Wait for 2 minutes.
- Slowly take the appam with wooden laddle.
- Serve with kurma, non-veg curries,chutney/sambar.