Today’s lunch was this Shahi mutton gravy. Once I tasted it I thought I should immediately share this. It was mouth watering. I still can’t stop mouth licking it. That yummy it was!!!!!!
The dish is sooper dooper easy to prepare. It tastes awesome if you add the mixture of bones and flesh of mutton pieces together.
Try this rich recipe and Text me how it turned out for you. Let’s see the preparation method.
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
- Salt- per taste
- Turmeric powder-1 tspn
- Coconut oil- 2 tspn
- Ghee- 1 tspn
- Onion-2 large sized
- Curry leaves- handful
- Green chilly- 4
- Tomato- 2 pureed
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbspn
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tspn
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 tspn
- Cinnamon sticks- 2
- Cardomom- 3
- Coriander leaves- handful (garnishing)
- Cashew nuts- 50 gm
- Chilly powder-2 tbspn
- Coriander powder- 2 tbspn
- Garam masala/mutton masala-2 tbspn
- Cumin powder- 1 tspn
- Take all the ingredients and set ready.
- In pressure cooker add the well cleaned mutton pieces along with little salt and turmeric powder.
- Wait for 5 to 6 whistles and set aside. Let it cool down all by itself.
- Puree the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Soak cashews in warm water for 10 minutes and grind them to a smooth paste and keep ready.
- Take a thick bottomed vessel and pour oil and ghee together.
- Add Cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, cardamom and cloves.
- Once it splutter a add onions, curry leaves and green chilly. Saute well till onion becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and tomato puree and cook till oil separates.
- Once oil separates add all the spice powders one by one and saute well till the raw smell goes completely.
- Now add in the cooked mutton along with the water in which mutton cooks.
- Once it boils add in the cashew nut paste into it and the coriander leaves. Allow it to boil for 10 min and then simmer for 10 minutes.
Shahi mutton gravy is ready to be served. Enjoyyyy!!!!!
“சீரகம் இல்லா உணவு சிறக்காது “