The next health rich diet you can start your baby is dal water. I mention it’s just water. You can make the cream paste for babies who are 7 months and more.
Before beginning anything sterilization must be first.
- Wash all the bowls, cups,bottles,spoons, etc with mild dishwashing liquid.
- Put all the items separately into boiling hot water for 10 min.
- After that switch off the flame and let it stay until you take it for use.
- Always wash the bottle or other items immediately after feeding the infant.
- Don’t leave the crockeries with left over milk or food.
- Don’t use the prepared milk or food after 3 hours of preparation.
- Discard any expired products.
- Never keep anything hot near your baby. Make sure you bring it to your baby once it gets cooled down.
- Toor dal/துவரம் பருப்பு – 2 tbspn
- Cumin seeds/சீரகம் – 1/4tspn
- Turmeric powder/மஞ்சள் தூள் – 1/4 tspn
- Garlic clove/பூண்டு – 1 clove (1 பல்)
- Asafoetida /hing/ பெருங்காய தூள் – a pinch(சிட்டிகை)
- Take all the ingredients above in a pressure cooker by adding 1 and half cup of water.
- Switch on the flame and wait for 5 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and let the pressure all go by itself.
- Now open the cooker and filter the water in a bowl and allow this to cool.
- This is the required dal water.
Dal cream soup:
This is for babies of 7 moths and more.
- Follow the procedure above from 1 to 4.
- Now take the cooked dal into the mixer and grind into a smooth paste.
- You can feed this to your baby as soup.
- You can also add any cooked veggies along with this soup.
- Use the dal water in between the feeds instead of normal water.
“Mama’s Baby, and Papa’s Maybe”