The first carbohydrate you can add in your baby’s diet is potato. This helps your baby gain weight. It is very likely to cause any allergic reactions. Sometimes it causes gas or bloating for babies. So feed this potato puree to your baby once or twice in a week. Now let’s see how to prepare this food using formula milk.
Before beginning anything sterilization must be first.
- Wash all the bowls, cups,bottles,spoons, etc with mild dishwashing liquid.
- Put all the items separately into boiling hot water for 10 min.
- After that switch off the flame and let it stay until you take it for use.
- Always wash the bottle or other items immediately after feeding the infant.
- Don’t leave the crockeries with left over milk or food.
- Don’t use the prepared milk or food after 3 hours of preparation.
- Discard any expired products.
- Never keep anything hot near your baby. Make sure you bring it to your baby once it gets cooled down.
- Take a firm medium sized potato.
- Peel off the skin.
- Cut it into small cubes.
- Take a pan with water and put the potatoes into it.
- Let it boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cook till the potatoes become mushy.
- Allow the potatoes to cool down.
- Now prepare formula milk:
- Take 25 ml water and boil it.
- Add 1 scoop of formula into it and mix it.
- Cool the milk.
9. Once the potato becomes cool mash it or grind the potatoes in the mixer to a smooth paste. While grinding add a pinch of Cumin seeds and asafoetida powder along with the potatoes. This helps in avoiding gas bloating.
10. Take the potato paste and add the formula milk into it and mix together to a creamy paste.
11. Transfer this into your sterilized feeding bowl.
Let your baby enjoy the carbs for the day!!!
“It is easy to halve the potatoes where there is love”