As apples are first in fruits likewise carrots are best first veggie you can introduce your baby. It is less prone to allergic reactions.
Before beginning anything sterilization must be first.
- Wash all the bowls, cups,bottles,spoons, etc with mild dishwashing liquid.
- Put all the items separately into boiling hot water for 10 min.
- After that switch off the flame and let it stay until you take it for use.
- Always wash the bottle or other items immediately after feeding the infant.
- Don’t leave the crockeries with left over milk or food.
- Don’t use the prepared milk or food after 3 hours of preparation.
- Discard any expired products.
- Never keep anything hot near your baby. Make sure you bring it to your baby once it gets cooled down.
- Take a small sized or medium sized carrot. Wash properly. Always wash the veggies before cutting. Choose bright colored carrot (just for the color of puree to look great).
- Cut into small pieces and put into bowl.
- Take a pressure cooker filled with little water and place the carrot bowl into it.
- Pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Let the cooker cool down all by itself.
- Take the bowl out carefully.
- Once the carrot cools, put into the mixer and grind into a thi smooth paste by adding little water.
- If need little sweet you can add panankarkandu syrup with this. It is just an optional.
Instead of pressure cooking you can place the carrot bowl in a wide pan with water and close the pan with lid. This behaves like a steamer. Once carrot is cooked follow the same procedures 7 and 8 above.