It is always recommended to begin with apples as a solid substitute. Because they are non allergic food.
Before beginning anything sterilization must be first.
- Wash all the bowls, cups,bottles,spoons, etc with mild dishwashing liquid.
- Put all the items separately into boiling hot water for 10 min.
- After that switch off the flame and let it stay until you take it for use.
- Always wash the bottle or other items immediately after feeding the infant.
- Don’t leave the crockeries with left over milk or food.
- Don’t use the prepared milk or food after 3 hours of preparation.
- Discard any expired products.
- Never keep anything hot near your baby. Make sure you bring it to your baby once it gets cooled down.
- Take fresh, sweet apple and cut into half or begin with a small piece.
- Peel of the apple skin.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Now put this pieces in a small bowl.
- Take a pressure cooker filled with some water.
- Place the apple bowl inside.
- Wait for 6 to 7 whistles. Wait till apple is cooked. Let the cooker cool down all by itself.
- Open the pressure cooker and take the bowl carefully. The apple is well cooked.
- Wait till apple is cool.
- Now you can either mash the apple with spoon or masher or you can directly put into the mixer and grind to a soft paste.
- Transfer into the sterilized bowl.
- Feed your baby and enjoy.
The puree gets blacken after a little time. It’s usual with apple to blacken when kept opened and there is no issue in feeding that. It’s very safe for baby.
Instead of pressure cooking you can also direct boil the apple pieces with little water but you should take that water for grinding the apple in mixer or at least feed that water along with the apple puree in middle of spoons.